§1 Information on the collection of personal data
(1) Below please find information on how we collect your personal data when you use our website. Personal data is all data that can be traced back to you personally, e.g. name, address, email addresses, user behaviour.
(2) Controller in the sense of Art. 4 section 7 General Data Protection Regulation of the EU (GDPR) is [Christof Diener, Nagolder Straße 61, 72224 Ebhausen, firstname.lastname@example.org] [You can contact our controller by email at [email@example.com] or send a letter by to our mailing address with the note “To the Controller”]
(3) When you contact us via email or a contact form, we will save the data you gave us (your email address, possibly your name and phone number) to be able to answer your question. Once this data needs no longer to be saved, we will erase it or, if legal retention periods apply, limit the processing of such data.
(4) If we resort to service providers commissioned by us for some functions of our offer, or if we wish to use your data for PR purposes, we will inform you in detail of the respective processes, including the specified period of retention.
Utilisation of our online shop
(1) If you wish to order via our online shop, the purchase contract can only take effect when you enter the personal data we need for handling your order. Mandatory information required for the execution of contracts is marked specifically, further information is voluntary. We process the data provided by you in order to handle your order. To this end, we can also forward your payment data to our bank. This is on the legal basis defined in Art. 6 section 1 S. 1 lit. b GDPR.
We can furthermore process the data received from you to inform you about other interesting products from our portfolio or send you emails with technical information.5
(2) Commercial and tax law specifications obligate us to save your address, payment, and order data for a period of ten years. However, we restrict processing after [two years], i.e. we store your data only to fulfil our statutory obligations. 6
(3) To prevent unauthorised access by third parties to your personal data, in particular financial data, the ordering process will be encrypted by TLS technology.7
§ 2 Your rights
(1) In respect of the personal data relating to you, you have the following rights against us:
- Right to information
- Right to rectification or erasure
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to objection against processing
- Right to data portability.
(2) You furthermore have the right to complain with a supervisory authority against the processing of your personal data by us.
§ 3 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) When you visit our website just to read the contents, i.e. without registering or any other transmission of data to us, we will only collect the personal data transmitted by your browser to our server. If you want to visit our website, we will collect the following data which is necessary for technical reasons to display the website and guarantee its stable and safe use (on the legal basis of Art. 6 section 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR):
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (respective page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Data volume transmitted in the individual case
- Website from which the request originates
- Operating system and interface
- Language and version of the browser software.
(2) In addition to the above-named data, cookies will be stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files which are stored on your hard disk assigned to the browser you are using and through which certain information is provided to the location that sets the cookie (us, in this case). Cookies cannot execute programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They are intended to improve the user-friendliness and effectiveness of our Internet presence.
a. This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functionality of which are explained in the following:
- Transient cookies (see b)
- Persistent cookies (see c)
b. Transient cookies are erased automatically when you close your browser. These are in particular the session cookies which store a so-called session ID, by means of which different requests of your browser can be assigned to one session. This allows us to recognize your computer when you return to our website. The session cookies will be erased when you log out or close the browser.
c. Persistent cookies are erased automatically after a specified period of time, which may differ for the various cookies. You can erase the cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
d. You can configure the browser settings to your preferences and refuse for example third-party cookies or also all cookies. Please note that in this case you may be unable to use all functions of this website.
f. The flash cookies used by us are not recorded by your browser but by your Flash plug-in. We furthermore use HTML5 storage objects which will be stored on your end device. These objects store the required data independently of the browser you are using, and they have no automatic expiry date. If you do not agree with our processing of the flash cookies, please install a respective add-on, e.g. "Better Privacy" for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.ord/de/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/) or Adobe-Flash-Killer-Cookie for Google Chrome. To prevent the utilisation of HTML5 storage objects, set your browser to Private mode. We furthermore recommend that you manually erase your cookies and your browser history regularly.
(4) Google AdWords with conversion tracking
In our Internet presence, we use the advertising component Google AdWords with the so-called conversion tracking. It is a service provided by Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043 USA, called “Google” in the following. By means of the certification according to the EU-US Privacy Shield www.privacyshield.gov/participant, Google warrants that the EU data privacy regulations are observed also when data is processed in the USA. We use conversion tracking for targeted advertising of our product portfolio. The legal basis is Art. 6 section 1 lit. f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest is the analysis, optimisation and economical operation of our website. If you click on an advertisement placed by Google, the conversion tracking employed us places a cookie on your end device. These so-called conversion cookies lose their validity after 30 days and generally are not used to identify your person. If the cookie is still valid and you visit a certain page of our website, both we and Google can determine that you have clicked on one of our ads placed with Google and that you have subsequently been forwarded to our website. From the information gained in this way, Google creates statistical data for us regarding the visits to our website. We also receive information on the number of users who have clicked on our ad(s), and on the pages of our website they visited afterwards. However, neither we nor third parties using Google-AdWords can use this knowledge to identify you. You also prevent or restrict the installation of the cookies by making respective settings in your Internet browser. You can also erase stored cookies at any time. The steps and measures required to do this depend on which Internet browser you are using. If you have any questions, please refer to the Help function or documentation of your Internet browser or contact the browser provider or support service. At services.google.com/sitestats/de.htmlwww.google.com/policies/technologies/ads/www.google.de/policies/privacy/, Google also offers detailed information on this topic and in particular on how to prevent use of this data.
(5) Use of Matelso
Our website uses Java-Script code by MaTelSo GmbH, Heilbronnerstr. 150, 70191 Stuttgart, Germany (Matelso). If Java-Script is enabled in your browser and no Java-Script-Blocker is installed, your browser may transmit personal data to Matelso. The telephone number indicated on our website may be a so-called call tracking number, which stores the data of the phone call but in no case the content of the call. Calls via the call tracking number are routed directly to the central telephone number. Only the time, date and duration of the call as well as the destination number are stored. It also determines whether the call is accepted. The collected data is used exclusively for performance improvement and offer optimisation. For additional information, refer to the privacy statement by Matelso: www.matelso.de/w/de-de/datenschutz.aspx. To generally prevent the execution of Java-Script code by Matelso, you can install a Java-Script blocker (e.g. www.noscript.net or www.ghostery.com).
§ 4 Other functions and offers on our website
(1) In addition to using our website for information purposes only, you can also benefit from a range of services offered by us. To do so, you will in most cases need to enter further personal data that we will use in compliance with the above data processing principles to provide the respective service.
(2) We sometimes use external service providers to process your data. We carefully selected and commissioned these service providers; they are bound by our instructions and are checked regularly.
(3) Furthermore, we may pass on your personal data to third parties if we offer participation in promotions, competitions, contracts or similar services jointly with partners. You will receive further information on this when you enter your personal data, or at the end of the description of the offer (please consult us if applicable, as further information and links to the GDPR of the third party are mandatory).
(4) If our service provider’s or partner’s place of business is in a country outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you on the consequences of this fact in the description of the offer.
§ 5 Objection against processing your data or revocation of consent to processing your data
(1) If you have consented to our processing your data, you can revoke it at any time. Once addressed to us, such revocation will affect the reliability of processing your personal data.
(2) As far as we base the processing of your personal data on weighing of interests, you can object against it. This is the case if the processing is in particular not required to fulfil a contract with you, which is stated by us in the description of the respective function. When you object against our continued processing your personal data, we ask you to explain your reasons for objecting. In case of a justified objection, we will check the facts of the case and either discontinue or adapt our data processing, or point out our compelling reasons worthy of protection on the basis of which we will continue the processing.
(3) You can object at any time to the processing of your personal data for advertising and data analysis purposes. Please contact us at the following address to inform us that you object against use of your personal data for advertising ( Diener electronic GmbH + Co. KG Nagolder Straße 61, D-72224 Ebhausen, firstname.lastname@example.org, 07458999310)