The system consists of three units:
1. Supply unit
- electrical mains supply
- Process gas and cooling gas connection
- High-voltage generator
- Current measurement block
- Gas control block
- Front panel with controls
2. Gas and electricity supply in flexible tube
3. Plasma generators: the central electrode, outer electrode and insulator form a discharge zone.
- The high-voltage generator converts the mains voltage to high voltage (up to 10 kV), which is necessary for the formation of the electric discharge.
- The supply voltage and the process gas are supplied into the discharge zone by the flexible tube.
- The air flow carries the resulting active species in the electric arc (i +, e-, r*) from the discharge zone (Plasma Jet process).
- The flow of the active gas is focused on the workpiece to be treated, by a special nozzle shape .