Typical drawbacks of plastic surfaces:
- Poor adhesion of lacquers, coatings, paintings, glue
- low hardness and wear resistance
These drawbacks can be avoided or the surface properties can be improved at least by plasma treatment.:
- By plasma activation and etching wetting and adhesion for coatings can be significantly improved.
- By plasma polymerisation and by PACVD technologies wear and scratch resistent layers can be deposited
- Even by plasma polymerisation self-cleaning hydrophobe and super-hydrophobe coatings can be deposites even as hydrophilic layers.
- By plasma coating, particularly by PACVD-technique optical layers can be deposited such as anti reflective coatings on transparent plastics of glasses and lenses.