Typical weaknesses of plastic surfaces:
- poor adhesion of glues, paints, inks, coatings
- low hardness and wear resistance
These properties can be improved or fundamentally modified by plasma treatment: verbessert oder grundlegend verändert werden:
- By plasma activation and etching , the wettability and the adhesion of coatings can be improved significantly.
- By plasma polymerisation and PACVD processes , wear and scratch resistant coats can be applied.
- außerdem können durch Plasma coating can also be used to apply self-cleaning hydrophobic and ultra-hydrophobic or else hydrophilic coats.
- By plasma coating, in particular PACVD, optically effective coats can be applied, for example anti-reflection coating of transparent plastics, spectacle lenses and other lenses.